It is widely acknowledged that online retail sales in the US and beyond will continue to grow at a blistering pace for the foreseeable future. It is predicted that by 2017, 10% of all retail sales in the US will be made online reaching an estimated $434 billion in total sales. In fact just in the 2nd quarter of 2014 e-commerce sales jumped nearly 16% according to a recent report from the US Commerce Dept.
As more consumers and small businesses get comfortable with making purchases both big and small online the viability of starting a successful e-commerce related business has never been more realistic. Starting an E-commerce business or franchise opportunity can offer some unique and very compelling advantages vs. starting a business that requires a brick and mortar location to operate.
Some of these advantages include:
- Low overhead – Most small e-commerce businesses can be operated from a home office if desired significantly reducing overhead expenses.
- Affordability – In comparison to starting a business that requires a physical location online businesses generally have much lower investment levels.
- Minimal or no staffing requirements – Most online businesses are owner operated.
- Little or very low expensive equipment requirements- other than a computer.
- Serious growth potential as more consumers and businesses buy online going forward.
Ready to start an online business? Visit here now to research and request free info about a number of turnkey, affordable, and proven online related business opportunities and franchises for sale.